When can a student approach for support?
It is normal for students to face difficulties from time to time, be it due to academic stress or personal problems. You are encouraged to approach the counselor when you feel:
You have or experienced
- Communication problems.
- Eating disorders.
- Drugs/alcohol abuse.
- Thoughts of suicide or harming yourself/others.
- Abuse physically, psychologically, sexually.
- Inability to concentrate.
- Family issues.
What Services do we offer?
- Individual counseling – Students may engage in face-to- face talk with a certified counselor to understand, identify and address concerns. While talking to the counselor, you will be asked questions which will help you to clarify your thoughts and feelings. You can approach the counselor with issues of concern such as mood and communication problems, adjustment to a new culture or academic environment, stress management, etc.
- Group counseling – Students with similar problems come together to share their perceptions of the issues mentioned above. The process is facilitated by a certified counselor. This supportive environment allows space for students to reflect on their experiences, listen to solutions from peers and learn coping mechanisms.
- Workshops- Students can attend interactive workshops which are usually open to 20 participants. During a workshop no one will be asked to share any personal information.
Main Building, room 414M
40 Marshal Baghramian Ave.
Yerevan 0019, Republic of Armenia
Phone: +37460 61 25 19
Yelena Sardaryan MA, MPH