Complex math problems are easy to solve when you attend
one-on-one sessions with our professional staff and work-study students
We are attentive listeners who will challenge you to rethink the way you approached your math problem and find effective strategies to solve the problem.
Here is what our Math Consultants can help you with:
- Understanding any mathematical and/or statistical concept
- Studying theories and solving mathematical problems with the consultant’s guidance
- Reviewing homework assignments on math-related subjects, including Calculus, Linear Algebra, Discrete Math, Probability and Statistics, and Business Math, etc.
- Preparing for quizzes, midterm, and final exams on your math subjects and/or reviewing the exam results.
Four quick benefits of attending math consultation sessions
Why use the service regularly?
Think of it like going to the gym. If you go once, you get some quick results: a one-day workout that keeps your body energized for one or two days. If you want to witness long-term results, you need frequent visits and professional guidance from a coach.
The Math and Writing Center is a space designed to help you exercise your mind. Attending one session will help you achieve only short-term goals. Visit the Center regularly, and you will start improving your skills that will help you improve your analytical thinking skills and learn strategies for learning independently.
How to Make the Most out of your Session
- Don’t wait until the last minute. Plan to visit the Center well in advance of your deadlines.
- When booking an appointment, be specific. Help our consultants serve you in the most effective way.
- Come prepared: bring all necessary materials, such as notes, assignments, assignment instructions, and review sheets, etc. and your smile!
- Attempt solving each problem before coming to math sessions so that you can ask a specific question.
- Prepare specific questions regarding your math course material.