Disability Support Services
American University of Armenia aims to establish a learning environment which supports diverse student learning abilities. AUA’s Center for Student Success is committed to provide student services and programs to support diverse learners. Students with disabilities may obtain equal access to academic and programmatic services. The Center for Student Success will assist students with disabilities in need of academic and programmatic accommodations as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
1. Submit a copy of your current disability documentation from your doctor or diagnostician. Once your documentation has been received, it will be reviewed by the Manager of Student Services to determine the most appropriate support services.
2. The student is responsible to have an evaluation by a professional and present this documentation to the Manager of Student Services. Currently, no evaluation services are available on campus. AUA does not endorse any specific clinic or professional.
3. The Manager of Student Services will contact you to let you know that we have reviewed your documentation and will communicate with you about the next step in securing support services.
4. Before classes begin, schedule an appointment by calling the office at 61-27-56 or by emailing email@example.com
5. After scheduling an appointment, the Manager of Student Services will speak with you about what accommodations you are eligible to receive based upon your disability related functional limitations. You will be asked to share information about how your disability affects your ability to access the classroom, class materials and campus services and to describe the accommodations and services you have used in the past.
6. The academic accommodations form must be completed each and every semester after you have register for your classes.
Please note, information regarding students disability will not be released to any faculty, staff, or administration without student consent. The waiver form must be completed by the student applying for accommodation and will receive support based on this agreement. Records will not be released without written-consent by the student and will be destroyed when student completes their studies.