Program mentors assist new students in many ways. These include, but are not limited to, career choice, major and minor selection, course registration, identifying campus organization and activities, employment, roommate relationships, navigating the AUA university campus and the city of Yerevan. Participants in the program and their mentors are encouraged to meet weekly, share academic and career aspirations, discuss classroom issues, as well as participate in campus wide organizations and activities. This experience is beneficial to all involved. The requirements of mentors are as follows:
- Can be between 15-20 mentees
- Must carry out up to 6 sessions throughout the Fall Semester.
- Required to take mentee group to two university events and two student group events by the end of the Fall Semester.
- Must be a full time student in good academic standing
- Must have completed two (2) semesters at AUA
The mentorship requirements must be completed by the end of the new student’s first academic semester.